IFLA Journal Editorial Committee call for nominations
23 September 2013
IFLA Journal is an international journal publishing peer-reviewed scholarship on Library and Information services and the social, political and economic issues that impact access to information through libraries. The Journal publishes research, case studies and essays that reflect the broad spectrum of the profession worldwide. IFLA Journal is published quarterly.
The IFLA Journal Editorial Committee is a committee appointed by and reporting to the Professional Committee, with the responsibility to manage the editorial direction of the IFLA Journal in consultation with the Editor and the Professional Committee and to monitor the quality of the Journal.
Call for Nominations to the Editorial Committee
The Professional Committee is calling for up to three members to join the IFLA Journal Editorial Committee, for a term of four years (once renewable) from 2013-2017.
The committee’s duties are to:
- Provide advice to the Professional Committee on all matters relating to the editorial direction of IFLA Journal;
- Establish a panel of peer reviewers on the basis of expertise, utilising contacts to build a list of experts who will also review the papers submitted for publication;
- Constitute the initial ‘pool of reviewers’ in the SAGEtrack database;
- Comment on and monitor the quality of submissions and propose measures for improvement;
- Identify themes for inclusion in the journal in areas of IFLA’s advocacy work, the professional agenda and topical issues in practice;
- Provide advice to the Professional Committee as otherwise requested.
For more information about the role and duties of the Editorial Committee please refer to the Terms of Reference.
To nominate for the committee, please complete the nomination form [MS Word].
- Monday 23 September: Nominations open
- Monday 7 October: Call for nominations close
- Monday 21 October: Nominees will be informed of the outcome after this date
To submit nominations, and for all inquiries, please contact: Fiona Bradley, Manager, Member Services and Development at IFLA: Fiona.Bradley@ifla.org.