IFLA MENA RDC 2023-2025 Strategic Draft Plan, Nov. 6, 2023
05 February 2024
IFLA MENA RDC Action Plan Draft. November 6, 2023
Find a summary of the three goals in the draft plan, updates on the deliverables will follow.
1.SUPPORTING GLOBAL AND REGIONAL ADVOCACY AGENDAS
Projects in this section focus on the role of the Committee in supporting regional and global advocacy agendas. Projects can derive either from the global advocacy priority as defined by the Regional Council 2023-2025 or from regional advocacy priorities, as defined by the Committee or both.
2. STRENGTHENING THE REGIONAL LIBRARY FIELD
Projects in this section focus on outreach activities, through which the Committee aims to reach out to members and non-members and ensure a stronger presence for the region on the IFLA Library Map of the World. Activities also will cover capacity building, collaboration and networking among libraries and library associations in the regions. All activities need to be coordinated with IFLA HQ.
3. INITIATIVE ADDRESSING REGIONAL NEEDS
Conduct a survey to assess library sector needs for training and collaboration initiative. Organize webinars and events accordingly. This shall include:
- Identify current skill gaps and training requirements in the library sector.
- Assess interest and preferences for collaboration initiatives.
- Gather input on specific topics and areas of focus for webinars and events.