IFLA WLIC 2022 Satellite Conference – Knowledge management principles and human behavior, 23 July 2022, Dublin, Ireland – Call For Papers/Presentations
06 April 2022
The IFLA Knowledge Management Section and the Digital Scholarship/Digital Humanities Special Interest Group are seeking proposals for papers or presentations to be presented at their joint Satellite Conference on 23 July 2022 at Trinity College of The University of Dublin in Dublin, Ireland.
Theme: “Knowledge management (KM) principles and human behavior: How do we inspire, enable, engage, and connect people in KM?”
Knowledge management (KM) is essential for all organizations as we seek to create, share and manage information that supports individuals and library goals. KM became even more vital during the pandemic as we sought new ways to stay connected and support each other. As we move forward, how do we inspire, enable, engage, connect in KM? It’s inevitable – different personalities, learning styles, modalities, geography, culture and other factors will play into how we perceive and relate to KM strategy or techniques. This Satellite aims to keep the conversation themes related to practical behaviors in applying KM practices at work.
We would like to invite papers particularly, but not exclusively, on the following sub-themes:
- How does knowledge-sharing affect decision-making?
- What are some successes and failures of knowledge-sharing programs in organizations and how do we build and engage with these communities locally and globally?
- What aspects of KM are best suited for in-person versus online interaction?
- How can digital learning platforms be a good support for organizational knowledge sharing?
- How do we model KM principles for people with no background in KM for real world application?
- What kind of psychology, cognitive or ethnographic study do we bring to KM practice?
- How does the KM perspective make a difference in how corporate, academic, public libraries or government organizations capture knowledge?
- How does KM operate in an environment with conflict or corporate politics? Knowledge is power, so what happens when people don’t want to share that power with anyone else?
- How does AI/machine learning influence, enhance, advance or detract from KM in organizations?
- What role do digital humanities and digital collection resources play in a KM organization?
Proposals must be submitted in an electronic format and must include the following information:
- Title of proposed presentation
- Style of presentation (paper/presentation)
- Abstract of the proposed paper (no more than 500 words)
- Name(s) of presenters and titles
- Employer or affiliated institution
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Short biographical statement of no more than 100 words
- Note a willingness to comply with IFLA’s Authors’ Permission
- Papers / PPTs will be published in IFLA’s online Library following conference
- Confirmation that you can attend the IFLA congress and present in person if selected
Deadline proposal is 15 April 2022. Send proposals in .docx format (500 words or less) to:
Proposals will be reviewed by the members of the IFLA KM Satellite Conference Organizing Committee. Proposal authors will be notified via email by 30 April 2022.
- 15 April – Deadline for submission
- 30 April – Notification of selection
- 15 June – Full papers submitted with author permission form
- 23 July – Satellite conference
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the Satellite Conference in Dublin.
The paper must be an original submission not presented or published elsewhere. All papers that are presented at the WLIC 2022 will be made available online via the IFLA Library under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses for attending the Satellite Meeting (e.g., travel, accommodation, etc.) are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on the Conference Participation Grants webpage.