IFLA WLIC2023 Digital Humanities Digital Scholarship SIG Business Meeting. Agenda
21 August 2023
Digital Humanities and Digital Scholarship Business Meeting. Agenda
Tuesday 22 August, Dock 15, 1.00-2.30 pm. (CEST)
We will discuss our plans for the long term and for the immediate future:
13:00 – 13:40 Introductions (Xuemao Wang)
- Outgoing leadership: Convener, Secretary, and Information Coordinator
- Coming leadership: Convener, Secretary, and Information Coordinator
- SIG Committee Members (9 formal members)
13:40 – 2:00 SIG Leadership Transition and Business Continuity (Xuemao Wang)
- The history, mission, sponsored Knowledge Management Section and major activities of SIG. (See details at: https://www.ifla.org/
- The current status of SIG: extension of two years followed by re-evaluation as to whether it is ready to become a full Section or discontinued. (See IFLA SIG four-year review guideline: Special Interest Groups (SIGs) Four-Year Report and …IFLAhttps://www.ifla.org › officers › key-documents)
- Other business continuity: SIG website. Social Media. Mailing List. Basecamp.
2:00 – 2:30 Planning for the Future Works of SIG (Sabrina Celi)
- From IFLA Strategy 2019-2024 https://www.ifla.
org/units/strategy/ to DH/DS SIG ‘directions’. DH/DS in a changing world: strengthening the global voice of our community. What will be the next hot topic?
- Projects, research, people: connecting and enhancing, promoting initiatives (“Meet up at DH/DS SIG”); inspiring and empowering (“DH DS Directory”).
- How can we differentiate ourselves? Optimise and communicate the activities of the DH/DS SIG by investing in increased visibility (social media, website, blog, newsletter)
Save the time on iPlanner
Please see Zoom meeting information below
Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile: US +13126266799,,97350926533# or +13092053325,,97350926533#
Meeting ID: 973 5092 6533