ISBD Revision: Aligning the ISBD to IFLA LRM, a chance to get involved!
04 October 2022
The International Standard Bibliographic Description (ISBD) is the only open and freely available bibliographic standard with the goal of ensuring access to information by making bibliographic data available, interoperable and shareable, across all countries and languages in the world.
The terms of reference for this aligning revision are to:
- Complete an alignment of the ISBD to the LRM at the-Manifestation entity level;
- Analyze the gaps in the element sets of the 2021 Update of the ISBD Consolidated edition 2011;
- Produce the ISBD for Manifestation (ISBDM); that is an element set for the alignment with stipulations for describing an ISBD manifestation according to LRM.
These revision works, tackled by the ISBD for Manifestation Task Force of the ISBD Review Group, are being extended in 2 particular areas: a) Prescriptiveness and granularity of the ISBDM, and b) Examples for the ISBDM stipulations.
Candidates will be selected and will work closely with the ISBD for Manifestation Task Force based on the following pre-requisites and terms of references:
- Prescriptiveness and granularity of the ISBDM
- Examples for the ISBDM stipulations, aiming at demonstrating the stipulations
If you would like to be involved in one of these areas of the ISBDM, please forward your expression of interest in the specified area together with a summary of your relevant background to the ISBD Review Group Chair, by 20 October 2022.