Library Services to People with Special Needs Call for Papers for WLIC in Dublin
23 February 2020
LSN is now inviting presenters:
- from a variety of libraries and organizations and from a wide range of countries
- to speak on how library services, programs, projects, and activities
- support refugees, immigrants, migrants and asylum seekers.
Under this topic, presentations might cover but are not limited to:
- Services to a specific group of refugees, immigrants, migrants, or asylum seekers
- Services to adults, families, or unaccompanied minors in the target population
- Description of different services offered to the target population
- How staff are trained to best serve the target population
- Methods of cooperation with other agencies serving the target population
- Method of evaluation of the services and results
- Legal and ethical perspectives of serving the target population
Proposals dealing with multiple topics above and other approaches to serving this population will receive higher priority.
Please submit an abstract of your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 3. The abstract should be no more than 300 words and include: your library’s name and country; speaker contact information and title; your presentation title; a brief description of your services to this target population, and indicate that can be in Dublin to make the presentation.
Final selection will be made by May and the full paper due on June 1.
Please note: We do not have funds to support travel to Dublin. Please be reasonably confident that you have funding for the Dublin conference if you are selected to make a presentation and state this in your proposal.