Professional Unit Communication Award 2015 – Call for nominations
21 April 2015
DEADLINE: 15 June 2015
IFLA follows current communication trends and seeks to stimulate new forms of communication and information dissemination throughout its structure. Therefore, the main communication channel for IFLA's professional groups is shifting from traditional newsletters in print and PDF to the active use and maintenance of their web pages under the IFLA domain plus email, as well as use of social media, such as blogging, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other relevant platforms.
To stimulate and foster this transformation IFLA has established the IFLA Professional Unit Communication Award.
This award focuses on IFLA communication activities of any IFLA professional unit(s) – Divisions, Sections, Special Interest Groups, or Strategic Programmes. It is important that it is not to be perceived as a personal reward.
The Award intends to stimulate ongoing change and innovation by:
- Promoting new and effective ways of communicating;
- Highlighting creativity in the communication work of IFLA's professional groups.
Criteria for evaluation
During the 12 months since the previous IFLA World Library and Information Congress the winning unit(s) should have demonstrated one or more of the following:
- Employment of a communication strategy that utilizes the functionality of the IFLA web site and the tools and new technologies available, or demonstrates improvements to previous methods of communicating.
- Improvements to the accessibility of information about IFLA or its professional units (taking account of, for example, multilingualism, inclusiveness, technology, aesthetics/attractiveness);
- Effective communication about the activities of an IFLA professional unit;
- Regular dissemination of information or discussion via the professional unit’s IFLA web site or other communication tools;
- Improved communication between members of the IFLA community on the areas of their specialism;
- Innovative ways of reaching out beyond the IFLA community;
- Improvements to the way in which the Standing Committee or other organizing committee members communicate.
Who can win?
The Award may be presented to one or more IFLA professional units:
- Special Interest Groups
- Strategic Programmes
The IFLA Professional Unit Communication Award 2015 will be announced at the Closing Session of the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Cape Town, South Africa on Thursday, 20 August 2015 and the winner presented with a certificate.
If you wish to nominate a unit, or units, for this award, please contact the units in question (for example, via the Officers) to find out who will be present and a suitable person to collect the award during the Closing Ceremony of the World Library and Information Congress in Cape Town on Thursday, 20 August 2015. Only one person can be selected. That person and details of their role relevant to the award should be included on this form.
Download the form:
Please send as an attachment to email@example.com by Monday, 15 June 2015.
- 21 April: announcement of call
- 15 June: deadline for nominations
- 20 August: presentation of award at Closing Ceremony
The Hague, 21 April 2015