Religions: Libraries and Dialogue (RELINDIAL) Special Interest Group is welcoming the applications for the Committee Members
23 February 2022
Alongside other Members of the RELINDIAL SIG Committee, successful candidates are responsible for working together to develop and deliver action plans responding to the needs of the library field in their area of focus and review progress on delivering the IFLA Strategy and building awareness of IFLA’s work, and reach out to non-Members.
As with other members of the Committee they are expected to be able to show:
- expertise, experience and interest in the thematic focus of the SIG;
- proven ability to work successfully with a diverse range of colleagues;
- willingness and ability to devote time and energy to the role – this is usually several hours per month;
- time allowance to prepare and attend meetings of the SIG Committee;
- an ability to act with respect, trust, confidentiality and transparency and recognize the need to protect personal and privileged information. They must declare any conflicts of interest and abstain from discussions where they have a conflict or potential conflict of interest.
The purpose of this call is to bring the RELNDIAL SIG Committee to a full roster, while expanding the range and diversity of experience and expertise in the Committee. Following consultation with the incoming Chair of the Sponsoring Section, Social Science Libraries, applications are therefore particularly welcomed from:
- Representatives of strong library associations and those with experience of committee working in general;
- Individuals with particular experience which could help the Committee.
Candidates should submit a statement of up to 200 words explaining their experience and motivation for standing for the Committee by noon CET on 7 March, 2022 (see what time this is for you). Candidates should apply using this form.
The Sponsoring Section is responsible for the selection and appointment of candidates to the SIG Committee.