IFLA live streams highlights of the World Library and Information Congress 2019
26 June 2019
This way, you can get first-hand updates on major initiatives launched by IFLA to build a stronger and globally united library field, as well as learn more about the ever-changing challenges and opportunities we face, directly from the experts.
IFLA Secretary General Gerald Leitner said:
Once again, IFLA will live stream key sessions of the World Library and Information Congress, and we will make available online an even larger offer than previous years at no cost. We hope library colleagues around the word will welcome this opportunity to connect and engage, as part of our continuous efforts to make IFLA an increasingly more inclusive and participatory organisation.”
Live stream sessions
The WLIC 2019 live stream offer will include some of IFLA’s most popular sessions:
- Opening Session (Sunday 25 August from 10:30 – 12:00 GMT+3)
- IFLA Highlights Session (Monday 26 August from 08:30 – 09:30 GMT+3)
- IFLA President’s Session (Monday 26 August from 09:30 – 11:30 GMT+3)
- From Vision to Implementation – IFLA’s Strategy (Monday 26 August from 11:45 – 12:45 GMT+3)
- Legislators’ Panel: What Lawmakers Think about Libraries (Monday 26 August from 13:45 – 14:45 GMT+3)
- Strengthening the Global Voice: Securing the Future of Libraries (Monday 26 August from 14:45 – 15:45 GMT+3)
- Closing Session (Thursday 29 August from 16:00 – 17:30 GMT+3)
There will also be a selection of key sessions organised by IFLA’s Professional Units:
- “Twenty Years of the IFLA Intellectual Freedom Statement: Constancy and Change”, by the IFLA Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression (FAIFE) Advisory Committee (Sunday 25 August from 13:45 – 15:45 GMT+3),
- “Innovation in Changing Times” by the IFLA Latin America and the Caribbean Section (Monday 26 August from 16:00 – 18:00 GMT+3),
- “Legal Implications of Disruptive Technologies in Libraries” organised by the IFLA Copyright and other Legal Matters (CLM) Advisory Committee (Thursday 29 August from 08:30 – 10:30 GMT+3)
- “Library Love Stories” co-organised by the IFLA New Professionals Special Interest Group (NPSIG) with the IFLA Management and Marketing Section (Thursday 29 August from 10:45 – 12:45 GMT+3)
Follow #wlic2019 on social media and our WLIC 2019 website for further live streaming announcements and details.
We look forward to engaging with you online!
The IFLA WLIC 2019 Live Stream will be offered via IFLA’s WLIC 2019 Websiteand IFLA’s YouTube channel. All times are local (Athens, Greece) – check what time this will be in your city (make sure to adjust the time and date to the session you want to watch).
- Access the live stream in the WLIC 2019 website. No registration is required.
- You can also access through this playlist in YouTube, at the dates and times indicated above.
- Recordings will be made available on the WLIC 2019 website and our YouTube channel by the end of each day.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding live streaming.