Upcoming Webinar: From fake news to infodemic
05 October 2022
The IFLA Continuing Professional Development and Workplace Learning (CPDWL) Section, in support of the Global Media and Information Literacy Week (October 24–31) cordially invites you to a webinar on 25 October 2022, 11:00-1230 CET on how our library profession can respond to the infodemic:
In this webinar you will learn more about infodemic as a concept and how we went from fake news to infodemic in the last five years; about training initiatives at the World Health Organization (WHO) and the ASEAN-USAID PROSPECT in Jakarta, Indonesia. You will also hear the clarion call on the role of the librarian in advocacy and the skills needed to fight infodemic and infobesity.
- Tina Purnat, Team Lead for Infodemic Management. Unit for High Impact Events Preparedness, Department of Global Infectious Hazard Preparedness, WHO.
- Sara Lehman, Regional Program Manager, ASEAN-USAID PROSPECT
- Joseph Yap, Doctoral student, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary
Organized and moderated by
- Dr Matilde Fontanin, University of Trieste & University La Sapienza, Rome (Italy)
- Rajendra Munoo, Head, Learning and Engagement, Singapore Management University Libraries
- IFLA Continuing Professional Development and Workplace Learning (CPDWL) Section