Call for Proposals: Webinar Series for LIS students – June’s Theme: Preparation for WLIC 2023
01 March 2023
IFLA Division C is hosting a monthly Webinar Series for LIS students that aims to create a place for students to share their projects, research, and ideas about different topics related to libraries. Each webinar will address a different theme. All events are held online and are open to everyone (no registration fees).
June’s webinar will be dedicated to Preparation for WLIC 2023.
“The goals of the IFLA Global Vision will be the central theme during WLIC 2023 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. With the motto Let’s work together, let’s library, we explore how libraries can
contribute to an inclusive society, one in which everyone has the opportunity to participate. Key topics include personal development, the stimulation of reading, the development of language and digital skills, free access to culture, digital knowledge and innovation.”
We are interested in hearing about your experiences with library conferences. Which conference did you attend? Share the most significant or interesting parts of the conference with other LIS Students. What did you achieve? What didn’t work out? Do you have any recommendations?
The proposal may focus on:
- Any conference you attended in the past
- Travel and conference fees /travel and conference funds
- Conference program (Poster sessions / Satellite meetings / Exhibitions …)
- Recommendations and tips
Library and Information Science students are encouraged to submit a proposal about the topic.
Proposals (in MS Word) must include:
- Name, title, institution, and email of the speaker(s);
- Brief biographical statement about each speaker (maximum 100 words);
- Title of proposed presentation;
- Abstract highlighting its relevance to the theme (maximum 400 words).
Accepted participants will receive a certificate from IFLA Division C for presenting at the webinar. Presentations will be delivered online by the presenter, in PowerPoint format. Each presentation will last for 20 minutes, including 5 minutes for questions and answers.
- Deadline for submission is May 28th, 2023.
- Proposals will be accepted for presentation and the accepted participants will be
notified by May 30th, 2023.
- The webinar will be held on June 5th, 2023, 16-17:30 CEST
- For further questions, contact Nicole Filbrandt (Nicole.Filbrandt@gmx.de) and Susanne List-Tretthahn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Follow us for more information
Watch the previous webinars on our YouTube channel