WLIC 2019 – Session 238 Gatekeeping to Advocacy
04 August 2019
The Government Libraries and Library and Research Services for Parliaments Sections invite to the session 238 of the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2019 – #WLIC2019, to be held in Athens, Greece.
Date: 28 August 2019, 13:45 – 15:45, MC 3
Keynote Address: Informing Legislative Debate: The Role of Government Libraries / Donna Scheeder (Past-President IFLA (formerly: Congressional Research Service – CRS, Library of Congress), Washington, D.C., United States).
The need now more than ever before is to have reliable, accurate and unbiased information as a basis for both citizens and legislators to make informed decisions on the issues that face us. Donna will speak about government libraries, including CRS and the role of information in development and citizen empowerment.
1. The Library of the Court of Justice of the European Union: spreading the knowledge of EU legal writings around the world / Fabio Pappalardo (Library of the Court of Justice of the European Union (ECJ), Italy)
2. Empowering Indian Citizens under Digital India Program for Sustainable Development: How Libraries can contribute to SDGs? / Sunil Goria (Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, India), Sanjay K. Bihani (India) & K. L. Mahawar (Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, India).
3. Library2u@MITI: an emerging agent towards empowering innovation / Azli Abd Rahim (Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), Malaysia).
4. The role of Government libraries in promotion of the UN SDGs in Uganda; a case of selected Government Libraries / Winny Nekesa Akullo (Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority, Uganda)
5. No learning, no teaching allowed: opening a hidden collection / Cinzia Iossa (Library of the Italian Ministry of Education, Italy)
6. Promoting SDG 11 through the IHS Library / Nigel Browne (Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) Library, Netherlands).
We encourage information professionals attending the conference to be part of the session.
More information: WLIC 2019 Conference Programme.