Workshop: Intercultural Moderation & Cultural Management
22 October 2009
10-21 January 2010, Alexandria, Egypt
Call for application
In a globalised world international business and culture related events become more vital to professional success and are often a great challenge for the executives. Moderation and organization skills in an intercultural context become a necessity for facilitators in the field of media and culture. Goethe-Institut Egypt and Deutsche Welle Akademie, in cooperation with the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, will organize a ten days workshop on intercultural moderation and cultural management for participants from Egypt and the Arab region.
The workshop’s main activities will include:
- training in moderation, presentation and media skills
- raising intercultural sensibility
- training of intercultural communication
- improving cultural administration
- preparing and planning of public events
- strengthening pan-Arab networks
Main target group for this workshop include:
- Novice communication professionals
- NGO activists and non for profit organizations’ leaders
The workshop will be conducted in English language —a very good level of spoken English is a must. Interested participants should assure to be excempted from work for the ten days.
The workshop is free of charge for accepted participants. Those coming from outside Egypt will get an air flight ticket and hotel accommodation for the period of the workshop arranged and paid by Goethe-Institut.
Applications should include a motivation letter and a CV in English language. Please send your application no later than 12 November 2009 to:
Tel. +20 3 4841037