9th IFLA International Marketing Award
Second Place 2008 Winner: Ralphy 'Round' Card Campaign!
Emerald Group Publishing Ltd.
Deadline NOVEMBER 30!!
Win USD 1,000 ... and
registration and travel to the
Apply for the 2011 IFLA International Marketing Award
The IFLA Section on Management and Marketing in collaboration with Emerald has the pleasure to announce the IFLA International Marketing Award for 2011.
The IFLA International Marketing Award will honor organizations that have implemented creative, results-oriented marketing projects or campaigns. Three finalists will be recognized for their outstanding achievements. A first place winner will be chosen and two distinctions will be awarded. From these three finalists, the winner will be chosen and receive airfare, lodging and registration for the World Library and Information Congress: 77th IFLA General Conference and General Assembly in San Juan, Puerto Rico in August 2011, as well as a cash award of USD 1,000 which must be used to further the marketing efforts of the recognized organization.
Three finalists will be announced in March 2011. A first place winner will be chosen and two distinctions will be awarded. The winner will be announced officially during the Press Conference of the Congress in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Objectives of the Award
- Reward the best library marketing project worldwide each year
- Encourage marketing in libraries
- Give libraries the opportunity to share marketing experiences
- Use one of these application forms:
- Any library worldwide that markets library products or services is eligible to receive the award.
- Application must be written in one of the official IFLA languages. The version may be printed or sent electronically.
- Application must be submitted before 30 November 2010 (including any supporting materials) to the following address:
Dinesh K. Gupta
Department of Library & Information Sc.
Room No. 520, Faculty Wing
Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- present an original project of marketing for a library of any kind
- answer each question on the application
- give an explanation about the benefits of the project from a local perspective
- describe the components of the project as outlined in the application
- express the identified needs of the targeted customer(s) involved
- give a full description of the marketing strategy
- summarize the marketing project
All IFLA INTERNATIONAL MARKETING AWARD proposals must reflect the above. Libraries and institutions are encouraged to describe the imaginative and inventive aspects of the projects.
Applicants will be judged on the following:
- Strategic approach to marketing, indicated in the research and planning stages of a submitted project
- Creativity and innovation as demonstrated by the originality of solutions to the marketing challenges
- Potential for generating widespread public visibility and support for libraries, irrespective of the kind or amount of resources employed
- Effectiveness illustrated by measurable objectives and subsequent evaluation methods
- Commitment to ongoing marketing activities
The Section is interested in receiving applications which cover marketing:
- of resources which are international in coverage
- of electronic resources, e.g. electronic journals, publisher databases, institutional repositories
- in cyberspace
- of Web and Library 2.0
- of information literacy
- of new products and new services
Proposals are reviewed by the IFLA International Marketing Award Committee on the basis of how well they meet the above criteria. Other factors are clarity of planning and awareness of relations with external bodies. Efficient allocation of resources (staff, materials, time) will also be taken in account.
- Dinesh K. Gupta (India)
- Christie Koontz (USA)
- Ludmila Zaytseva (Russia)
- Nadia Temmar (Algeria)
- Lena Olsson (Sweden)
- Angels Massisimo (Spain)
Remember! 30 November 2010
Candidates can send their applications by email OR by traditional mail.
Last update: 5 October 2012