Public Libraries Section Action Plan 2016-2017
The Public Libraries Section is very engaged and our Action Plan outlines the key initatives for the Section during the year. Updates on the many projects and events we’re involved with can be found on our web page, our Blog and also on Facebook.
Support the sector through the sharing of best practice
Advocate for equitable access to information and knowledge for communities world-wide that supports the democratic process, shared understanding and community well-being
- Monitor, record and share initiatives that support equitable access to information and knowledge
Build capacity for public libraries and public librarians internationally through an agile and engaged Section
- Ensure the delivery of strong and relevant conference programs
- Encourage public librarians to participate in IFLA conferences through the presentation of innovative papers or posters
- Provide mid-term meetings which include a professional development opportunity for local and regional public library colleagues
- Participate in the promoting and sharing information using PLS Social media platforms, web and national networks
- Encourage active participation in the Section
The full version of the Public Libraries Section Action Plan 2016-2017 provides more detail.