Collaboration with the wider community
Efficient co-operation with publishers and distributors of publications is very important for a successful and sustainable national bibliography for a number of reasons:
- Publishers are the source of information for the national bibliography.
- The successful operation of legal or voluntary deposit depends on publisher co-operation.
- Publishers together with other tax payers have a right to expect that the NBA processes items deposited securely and efficiently.
- Publishers should benefit from a successful national bibliography via higher visibility for their publications.
- Publisher co-operation is more likely to benefit the NBA than coercion.