Law Libraries Section
Section membership represents different types of law libraries, such as court, corporate, law firm and academic law libraries.
As an international policy forum for all law librarians, the Section on Law Libraries:
- Promotes understanding and cooperation among law libraries, and increases awareness of the value and importance of law libraries to the world;
- Encourages growth in the development of new law libraries, with a particular focus on emerging nations;
- Fosters the profession of law librarianship and legal research competencies worldwide;
- Develops professional standards and practices;
- Provides leadership in the field of legal information policy, recognizing that equitable and permanent public access to authentic legal information is a necessary requirement for a just and democratic society worldwide.
This unit is part of the Professional Division B.