IFLA Green Library Award 2022: Call for Submissions
21 septiembre 2023
Generously sponsored by De Gruyter Publishing, the IFLA Green Library Award is given to libraries and projects that best communicate their commitment to environmental sustainability.
Objectives of the IFLA Green Library Award
- To reward a Green library / Green Library Projects that best communicate their commitment to environmental sustainability
- To create awareness of libraries’ social responsibility and leadership in environmental education
- To support the worldwide green library movement, concerned with
- environmentally sustainable buildings
- environmentally sustainable services, activities, programming, information resources, collections and projects
- conservation of resources and energy
- To promote the development of green library initiatives locally, regionally and worldwide
- To encourage all types of libraries to actively present their green activities to an international audience
Following the IFLA Key Initiative 4.1: Promoting libraries within the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the award will help in advancing the profession through illuminating the role of libraries and librarians in the advancement of sustainability standards and the promotion of specialized knowledge within professional practice.
The prize is awarded in two categories:
- Category 1: Best Green Library
- Category 2: Best Green Library Project
A special recognition will go to a project that was carried out with minimal resources but has a big impact.
Guidelines for submissions
Any type of Green Library or any outstanding Green Library Project may apply for the IFLA Green Library Award. Libraries with a small budget but a great impact are explicitly invited to participate in the competition!
The Green Library or Green Library Project may be presented in various ways (e.g. essay, video, poster, article, set of slides):
- Applications must be written in one of seven IFLA languages
- Applications in languages other than English must have an English translation (required)
- Film and video materials in languages other than English must have English subtitles.
- Applications should be max. 10 MB in size, unless a video is also published on YouTube.
The quality and relevance of the submission will be evaluated by the international ENSULIB Award Reviewing Committee in terms of:
- Applicability to the goals and the scope of ENSULIB
- Contribution of libraries to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Quality of the overall presentation, public visualization via website etc.
- Relevance to IFLA’s goals and values (Key Initiative 4.1)
Download the application form: [English – MS Word]
To learn more about the IFLA Green Library Award, please click here.
Submit applications before
28 February 2022 14 March 2022 to:
Dr. Petra Hauke, ENSULIB Secretary, Email: email@example.com
Notification of the winners will be sent in May 2022.
Finalists will be presented at 87th IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2022.