IFLA Green Library Award
Sponsored by De Gruyter
Generously sponsored by De Gruyter Publishing, the IFLA Green Library Award is given to libraries and projects that best communicate their commitment to environmental sustainability.
Objectives of the IFLA Green Library Award
- To reward a Green library / Green Library Projects that best communicate their commitment to environmental sustainability
- To create awareness of libraries’ social responsibility and leadership in environmental education
- To support the worldwide green library movement, concerned with
- environmentally sustainable buildings
- environmentally sustainable services, activities, programming, information resources, collections and projects
- conservation of resources and energy
- To promote the development of green library initiatives locally, regionally and worldwide
- To encourage all types of libraries to actively present their green activities to an international audience
Following the IFLA Key Initiative 2.4: Provide tools and infrastructure that support the work of libraries, the award will help in advancing the profession through illuminating the role of libraries and librarians in the advancement of sustainability standards and the promotion of specialized knowledge within professional practice.
The prize is awarded in two categories:
- Category 1: Best Green Library
- Category 2: Best Green Library Project
A special recognition will go to a project that was carried out with minimal resources but has a big impact.
IFLA Green Library Award 2022
- IFLA Green Library Award Criteria
- IFLA Green Library Award 2022 Announcement: Call for Submissions
- IFLA Green Library Award 2022 Application Form