Call for Papers: 17th IFLA Interlending and Document Supply Conference
05 August 2021
The IFLA Document Delivery and Resource Sharing (DDRS) Standing Committee is pleased to announce the 17th Interlending and Document Supply (ILDS) Conference, hosted by Qatar National Library in Doha, Qatar from 8 to 10 March 2022.
Under the conference theme, “Sharing To Heal: Resource Sharing Through the Pandemic and Beyond,” the DDRS Standing Committee would like to challenge the interlending and document supply community to consider strategies and solutions that were created during the pandemic and how libraries across the world demonstrated resilience and used new tools and initiatives to share information.
If you have experiences to share, we are accepting proposals in English and Arabic related to the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Suggested topics may include but are not limited to:
- ILDS During COVID: Challenges and Initiatives
- ILDS After COVID: ILDS Redesigned
- Open Access and ILL: A Global Solution?
- Digital Access
- Library Buildings
Key questions we wish to examine in the conference include:
- How the pandemic impacted the DDRS community, what challenges we faced as librarians and researchers, and what solutions we developed.
- How the pandemic changed the face of DDRS and how the service was redesigned through new initiatives, new technologies, global solutions and collaborative projects such as HERMES.
Proposals for papers should be sent to Peter D. Collins (email@example.com) no later than 30 September 2021 and should include the following details:
- Author(s) name, title, institution and contact information
- Brief biographical sketch
- Title of paper
- Abstract (200 to 300 words)
For more information, visit the 17th IFLA ILDS Conference website.