Call for Papers – Tips for success: How to write scholarship and conference funding applications
12 April 2022
IFLA Division C is hosting a monthly Webinar Series for LIS students that aims to create a place for students to share their projects, research, and ideas about different topics related to libraries. Each webinar will address a different theme. All events are held online and are open to everyone (no registration fees).
April´s webinar will be dedicated to the Tips for success: How to write scholarship and conference funding applications
Participating in congresses and conferences or receiving a scholarship can be an important career step. It is a chance to meet colleagues from all over the world and the beginning of your own international network, which you can access again and again.
In this webinar we will show examples of successful participants at conferences and tell you about scholarships and their impact on your career.
If you have already attended a conference or received a scholarship, we look forward to hearing from you. Please send a short proposal covering the following questions:
- Which congress/conference did you attend
- Which scholarship did you receive
- What was the impact on your career (if any)
- What tips can you give to colleagues?
Library and Information Science students are encouraged to submit a proposal about the topic.
Proposals (in MS Word) must include:
- Name, title, institution, and email of the speaker(s);
- Brief biographical statement about each speaker (maximum 100 words);
- Title of proposed presentation;
- Abstract highlighting its relevance to the theme (maximum 400 words).
Submit your proposals to Diane Pennington (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Susanne List-Tretthahn (email@example.com).
Accepted participants will receive a certificate from IFLA Division C for presenting at the webinar. Presentations will be delivered online by the presenter, in PowerPoint format. Each presentation will last for 15 minutes, including 5 minutes for questions and answers.
- Deadline for submission is April 22, 2022.
- Three proposals will be accepted for presentation and the accepted participants will be notified by April 24, 2022.
- The webinar will be held on April 27, 2022, 16:00 – 17:30 CEST.
For further questions, contact Diane Pennington firstname.lastname@example.org) and Susanne List-Tretthahn (email@example.com).