Celebrating the Public Library Manifesto this Friday!
25 November 2019
With only four days to go until the 25th Anniversary of the Public Library Manifesto, it’s the last moment to look at the tools and ideas IFLA has made available. With our advocacy pack, you can take the opportunity to celebrate the work and missions of public libraries.
It reinforced the key messages of the original text – that public libraries have an essential role in promoting learning, culture and access to information for all, regardless of their status or background.
These values are as relevant as ever, as are the institutions that deliver on them every day. The Anniversary of the Manifesto is a great opportunity to remember and celebrate them.
IFLA’s Public Library Manifesto Advocacy Toolkit contains background information, as well as key quotes, messages, ideas and a draft op ed that you can use in your communications.
For those on social media in particular, there is also the possibility to use the IFLA-UNESCO Public Library Manifesto frame for you profile pictures.
To do this, you can either:
- Add a frame to your Facebook profile by clicking here,
- Go to www.facebook.com/profilepicframes
- Select a frame from the menu or search for the frame you want to use (search using the “25 Years Public Library Manifesto” or just “IFLA”)
- Set for how long you want to have this frame
- Click Use as Profile Picture to save
Don’t forget to use the #PublicLibraryManifesto hashtag in your posts!
Read more about the work of IFLA’s Public Libraries Section.