IFLA Division C and SET Call for Proposals – “International Engagement and Collaboration – Getting Started”
26 September 2021
The IFLA Division C is continuing to host a Webinar Series for LIS students that was initiated by the IFLA Division IV – Support of the Profession in spring 2021. These webinars aim to create a place for students to share their projects, research, and ideas about different topics related to libraries.
Each webinar will address a different theme. All events are held online and are open to everyone (no registration fees).
October’s theme is “International Engagement and Collaboration – Getting Started”.
We are interested in hearing about how you got started and involved with your international engagement and cooperation, whether through a joint project with a partner library, through conference visits, stays abroad, study trips, internships, etc.
The proposal may focus on:
- Benefits of the international collaboration for library patrons
- New possibilities and projects for the library through international work
- New options for your own career through international involvement
- International experience within a LIS program
Library and Information Science students who have already had experience with international cooperation at all levels are encouraged to submit a proposal about the topic. Proposals (in MS Word) must include:
- Name, title, institution, email of speaker(s);
- Brief biographical statement about each speaker (maximum 100 words);
- Title of proposed presentation;
- Abstract highlighting its relevance to the theme (maximum 400 words).
Submit your proposals to Albina Krymskaya (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Susanne List-Tretthahn (email@example.com).
Accepted participants will receive a certificate from IFLA Division C for presenting at the webinar. Presentations will be delivered online by the presenter, in PowerPoint format. Each presentation will last for 25 minutes, including 5-10 minutes for questions and answers.
- Deadline for submission is October 14, 2021
- Six proposals will be accepted for presentation and the accepted participants will be notified by October 16, 2021.
- There will be two webinars on this topic:
- October 22, 2021 (including a Keynote from Hella Klauser – Management of Library Associations Standing Committee Member, German Library Association: International Cooperation)
- October 29, 2021 (including a Keynote from Antonia Arahova – IFLA President-Elect)
For further questions, contact: Albina Krymskaya (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Susanne List-Tretthahn (email@example.com).