IFLA SIG Library History session at 2017 Conference Wroclaw – UPDATE
24 July 2017
I do hope I get to meet up with those of you interested in library history at the IFLA conference in Poland. After our session on Sunday 20 August, 2017, and just before or on our way to, the Exhibition Opening, I was thinking that we would try and set up a time for a coffee and a chat about the SIG, its future and library history in general.
The SIG’s session is number 083 from the Programme for IFLA Wroclaw 2017 http://2017.ifla.org/
Sunday, 20 August 2017 | Session 083, Libraries in Times of Crisis: Historical Perspectives – Library History Special Interest Group | Venue: Multifunction Hall.
Chair: Kerry Smith
- Libraries in Times of Crisis: Historical Perspectives | Széchenyi National Casino Andrea Gyuricza (Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Library and Information Centre, Hungary);
- Persistent Resistance: Libraries in the Philippines and their Fight for Freedom and People’s Rights | Iyra Buenrostro (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore) Johann Frederick Cabbab (University of the Philippines, Philippines);
- Bibliocaust of Somali Libraries: Retelling the Somali Civil War | Hibaq Nur (Qatar National Library, Qatar);
- National Library of Iran in the Midst of War of the Cities | Parisa Pasyar (National Library and Archive of Iran, Iran, Islamic Republic of), Fariborz Khosravi (Associate Professor of National Library and Archive of Iran, Iran, Islamic Republic of);
- Continuing Solidarity with Our Colleagues in Eastern Europe: the American Library Association (ALA) and the Postwar Rehabilitation of Eastern European Libraries, 1945-1948 | Marek Sroka (University of Illinois Library, United States).
I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible in Wroclaw.
Dr Kerry Smith, FALIA, AM
Convenor IFLA Library History SIG