Volunteering in Libraries – Activities and Benefits – Call for Proposals
05 November 2021
The IFLA Division C is hosting a Webinar Series for LIS students that was initiated by the IFLA Division IV – Support of the Profession in Spring 2021. These webinars aim to create a place for students to share their projects, research, and ideas about different topics related to libraries. Each webinar will address a different theme. All events are held online and are open to everyone (no registration fees).
December’s webinar is dedicated to the International Volunteer Day (December 5) and therefore its theme is “Volunteering in Libraries – Activities and Benefits”.
We are interested in hearing about your volunteering activities in the libraries, library associations and other library institutions as a LIS student, whether it has been beneficial for your professional development, or how you impacted the library and the users by your volunteering activity.
The proposal may focus on:
- Benefits of volunteering in libraries or library associations
- How libraries or library associations cooperate with LIS students as volunteers
- Impact of LIS students’ volunteering activities on the library and its users
Library and Information Science students are encouraged to submit a proposal about the topic.
Proposals (in MS Word) must include:
- Name, title, institution, email of speaker(s);
- Brief biographical statement about each speaker (maximum 100 words);
- Title of proposed presentation;
- Abstract highlighting its relevance to the theme (maximum 400 words).
Submit your proposals to Albina Krymskaya (email@example.com) and Susanne List-Tretthahn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Accepted participants will receive a certificate from IFLA Division C for presenting at the webinar. Presentations will be delivered online by the presenter, in PowerPoint format. Each presentation will last for 20 minutes, including 5 minutes for questions and answers.
- Deadline for submission is November 22, 2021.
- Three proposals will be accepted for presentation and the accepted participants will be notified by November 26, 2021.
- This month’s webinar is held on December 3, 2021 (Time will be confirmed depending on the time zones of the speakers).
For further questions, contact: Albina Krymskaya (email@example.com) and Susanne List-Tretthahn (firstname.lastname@example.org).