Reference and Information Services Section
The Reference and Information Services Section will address all aspects of reference work, in all types of libraries, in all regions of the world. Current interests encompass the new electronic environment and the resulting changes in reference work, the future role of reference work, and the quality of reference services.
Future investigation, discussion, and programming will focus on:-
- User-centered reference services
- Organization, education and staffing of reference services
- Ethics and the provision of high quality service
- The impact of social media and mobile technologies on reference and information services
- Reference collections in a digital world
- Changing business models from publishers for provision of reference information
- Marketing/Visibility of library reference services
- Providing a forum for information on the nature of reference work in different parts of the world
This unit is part of the Professional Division E.