IFLA Professional Awards are presented by IFLA Committees. They recognise the contribution, of an individual or an organisation to the professional activities of IFLA or to international library and information services sector more broadly in a specific professional area.
Current IFLA Professional Awards
- The IFLA Dynamic Unit and Impact Award is presented by the Professional Council. This award recognises the success of Professional Units in achieving the expectations of a dynamic unit, as defined by the Professional Council.
- Best IFLA Poster: on behalf of the Professional Committee, a jury selects the best poster from those displayed during the World Library and Information Congress (WLIC).
- IFLA/Systematic Public Library of the Year: since 2014, the “Public Library of the Year” award has been jointly administered by three IFLA Sections to celebrate excellence in new public libraries.
- The IFLA Green Library Award rewards the best Green Library submission that demonstrates the library’s commitment to environmental sustainability.
- The IFLA/PressReader International Library Marketing Award sponsored by the IFLA Management and Marketing Section and PressReader, celebrates innovative marketing in the library field.
- The IFLA Metropolitan Libraries Short Film Award is given to the best short film about public libraries in large cities and metropolitan areas.