Preservation and Conservation Section
Preservation and Conservation Section (PRESCONS) advocates for the long-term availability to all documentary heritage collections, physical and digital.
PRESCONS Standing Committee Members come from around the world to create a forum for discussion on recent developments in preservation and conservation.
PRESCONS members work with IFLA Committees and Sections to promote sustainable best practices and guidelines:
- Advisory Committee on Cultural Heritage
- Advisory Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters
- Audiovisual and Multimedia Section
- Rare Books and Special Collections Section
- Information Technology Section
- Art Libraries Section, and others.
PRESCONS members share expertise with other international organizations active in the sustainability of cultural heritage collections. (ICA, ICOM, ICOMOS, ICCROM, UNESCO, Blue Shield)
Join PRESCONS members‘ work to preserve the collections held by libraries around the world.
This unit is part of the Professional Division F.