Stichting IFLA Global Libraries
Stichting IFLA Global Libraries (SIGL), an independent public benefit foundation, was established in 2016 to support the work of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) as a legacy partner of Global Libraries.
The organisation of the Stichting IFLA Global Libraries has a board of three members: Glòria Pérez-Salmerón (Chair), Deborah Jacobs (Member), and Inga Lundén (Member). The Secretary General of Stichting IFLA Global Libraries is Gerald Leitner.
The objective of the foundation, which is exclusively charitable and educational, is to strengthen the library field and to empower public libraries to improve people’s lives and support the growth of sustainable societies. This objective will be pursued by, inter alia:
- Research and Innovation: funding projects and research on public access to information and the internet, trends that affect how libraries and the library field serve their communities, and ways to foster innovation.
- Training and leadership: supporting efforts to identify strong library leaders and equipping them to create high-impact libraries.
- Delivery: supporting efforts to create library programs and services that can be replicated on a broad scale and customised for different settings.
- Impact, Advocacy and Policy: working to ensure adequate resources and public policy support for libraries and helping public libraries, library staff, and the library field to measure the impact of public access in libraries and strengthen their advocacy skills, and all other activities that are beneficial to achieving the object mentioned above or are related thereto.
The funding of the Foundation includes:
- Donations and periodic contributions
- Testamentary succession and specific legacies
- Proceeds of the activities (also) organised by the Foundation
- Results of fund-raising and actions
- And all other income
Donations may be made to the Stichting IFLA Global Libraries.
Individual applications for grant funds should not be made to the Stichting IFLA Global Libraries, as they will not be considered by the Trustees.
To learn more about SIGL, please visit the SIGL website.